JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUB
2019/20 SEASON - UNDER 12's
For the start of the 2019/20 season our Elite FC u12's teams will be making the move to competitive football.
Elite FC u12's teams will be competing in the East Manchester Junior Football League with fixtures being played on a Sunday.
For the 2019/20 season u12’s will play Sundays at Wright Robinson Sports College, Astley Sports College and Belle Vue Complex with kick off times 8.45, 10.00, 11.15, 12.30, and 1.45
SQUADS FOR 2019/20 SEASON
Due to the age groups move into competitive football, the club have sought advice from all coaches and managers regarding how best to structure our squads going forward.
The decision that has been taken has been for our Elite FC u11's to accommodate some changes before the start of the 2019/20 season.
The decision to adjust teams has been a tough one but ultimately it is down to player development and each players development will be taken into account. As Elite FC is managed by a football coaching company and is not simply a grassroots club we feel it is our job to help provide the best possible environment for each player to develop and progress their game at every opportunity.
REASONS FOR SQUAD ADJUSTMENTS
* Creating a pathway of progression for all players wanting to push themselves.
At the moment there is no pathway for individual player development with some players only option to test themselves and progress is to move to another club whether they want to or not due to the club containing teams of mixed ability in most cases.
* As our Elite FC u12's move to competitive football, player game time will not be equal but due to us having many teams at this age group we can offer a suitable team for every player where they should receive a good amount if not equal game time each week.
* To create a good balance of players on each team allowing us to make player match time more competitive where as if teams stay exactly the same there would potentially be players on each team that play a lot less than others which we feel is unacceptable when we can accommodate every player at a level they will gain confidence and develop.
* To accommodate the loss of players from last season.
* At u12's leagues become competitive meaning teams will stay in the same division all season regardless of their results.
Last season some of our teams struggled and facing the possibility of playing in divisions that may be too strong for us is a daunting proposition.
The main reason for any changes will be to help each player develop and allow us to create an environment where players will be confident.
Every young player deserves equal opportunities and a pathway of progression. Our goal is to provide that for the players
We are aware that changes to teams are always welcomed by some parents but there will be other parents totally against the idea.
But we are confident that every team will benefit in the long run from this new approach and that going forward it is the correct move for both the players & the club.
FULL INFORMATION REGARDING NEW TEAMS AND TRAINING DETAILS WILL BE SENT OUT OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.
If any parents have any queries regarding any information in this newsletter or about their child's participation at the club please feel free to contact us via email at - email@example.com